Tuesday, May 22, 2012

2012 520


Happy (Belated) 520* to everyone! Most of Chinese people may know that 520 means I Love You in Mandarin (我爱你).  Here is a picture of me and my (Big) baby :)

*520 = May 20th

For that night,
we attend a dinner talk at Church of Good Shepard. Every group or a family have to bring a dish to the dinner and everyone will share them. The dinner was good and a lot of choices. It was quite fun to have a dinner with so many church member.
So after the dinner and praising the Lord, one of the church member began her talk. The talk was about a group of church member went to visit at Nepal. They took some pictures during the visit and people in Nepal was so poor in condition. I feel so sorry and sad for them. I feel so blessed living in such a good condition. People in Nepal eat a meal for a day (how blessed are we, having 3 meals a day, not to mention tea time?) and they have no meat or vege but rice ONLY. That is why their rice as high as mountain, with that many rice I can eat for 2 days (imagine that!).

Luckily some nice people willing to donate money, clothes, shoes, food etc. for them. So now they able to get free a bag of 50kg rice for each family. And the woman have to carry the 50kg HEAVY rice back to their home by walking only! Not to mention they have to walk for 2-4 hours to reach their home! If I'm the one who carry those bag of rice, my back break for sure. Haha XD I wonder how they carry?

Anyway, how you guys pass your 520?


xoxo,
Berry

No comments:

Post a Comment